Many people suffer from varicose veins, or enlarged veins that protrude from the skin. Standing and walking increases the pressure on the veins in this area of the body, thus causing the problem. Most people are not impacted by the problem, aside from the appearance concerns. However, this is not always the case and some people experience varicose vein pain Mobile AL and many other symptoms.
Most people with the condition do not suffer any symptoms and go about their life normally. Varicose veins are usually a concern only when there are underlying circulatory problems that are undiagnosed. Most often, self-diagnosis is possible, since twisted, bulging veins is the most common indication of the problem. Other people experience signs that include:
· Itching around the veins
· Burning, throbbing pain in the lower leg(s)
· Heavy feeling in the legs
· Increased pain after prolonged standing
· Hardening of the veins
· Difficult walking or standing
· Skin inflammation
This is only a partial list of the potential symptoms and side effects. If any of the signs above are noted and you suspect that varicose veins are the cause, you should begin self-care immediately. This form of treatment is suitable for most people and should help alleviate any pain, discomfort, or other worries. Self-care treatment options include:
· Low impact exercises can strengthen the muscles and minimize the risks (and offers many other benefits, too)
· Self-tanner can hide the veins for cosmetic-only concerns
· Over-the-counter pain relievers can alleviate some of the discomfort
If there is pain or discomfort or other concerns that impact your daily activities, do not hesitate to make an appointment with a specialist. The doctor is trained to diagnose underlying conditions that might be responsible for the symptoms and has a variety of treatment options, including laser treatment and surgery.